To help calculation of present values and reduction ratios of financial scenarios, ISO Soft offers this simple MS Excel spread sheet.
How to use the sheet:
- Enter the start date for PV calculation;
- For each term row:
- Enter the term date;
- The discount rate at this date;
- The initial amount;
- The scenario amount.
The sheet provides the following information :
- For each row: PV of initial amount (PVinit), and PV of scenario amount (PV);
- Aggregations and ratios:
- Totals of initial amount and scenario amount;
- PV Totals for each column (Initial, amount);
- Reduction ratio of PVinit vs. initial amount;
- Reduction ratio of PV vs. scenario amount;
- Reduction ratio of PV vs. initial amount.
For calculating several scenarios, please use a copy of the downloaded file for each scenario.
Please click here to download the MS Excel workbook
(Please use ActiveSync to copy the sheet to your Pocket PC).